Thursday, August 23, 2012

A new bench...

Hi Everyone!  I know some of you are tired of seeing headboards turned into benches, but I'm getting ready for the first fall craft fair and benches are a staple for my booth.  I got this headboard and foot board at the junk place that is no longer there, this past spring, you can see the original post here.
It had a piece missing from the foot that has been gone for a long time.
I used Kwik wood to fill in the missing portion and I filled all the other other cracks with wood filler.  Then sanded as needed.
I cut apart the foot board and then started building.....that was back in May...then it was set aside until after Dad's second surgery.
I spent time a couple of weeks ago when the weather was cooler to finish building it but neglected to take any pictures of it.  I painted it in Ivory latex paint and sanded it with my orbital sander to lightly distress it.
When I got home from work tonight I upholstered the seat in this fun paisley fabric.
The pictures are a little dark but then it's getting dark outside and I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to photograph it.
 I think this fabric is fun.  And here you can see the distressing...it's minimal....
 ....and a close up of the fabric.
I will be taking this to the Apple Jack's Fair in Nebraska City in the middle of September.  And I hope it finds a new home.  But if it doesn't...it will fit in nicely in my new studio.  So either way it will be a win/win.  Thanks for stopping by.

Linking to:
http://www.myrepurposedlife.net/2012/08/catch-as-catch-can-86.html 
http://www.504main.com/2012/08/tickled-pink-no-112.html 
http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/shine-on-fridays-42-and-giveaway.html 
http://alderberryhill.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-scene-monday-37.html 

8 comments :

  1. You are one talented lady. I love reading about whatever tools you are busy creating beautiful things with. I, too, hope this great bench finds a new home...it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very talented and creative....I love the fabric....love fabrics hate to sew go figure

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these benches. Great job! I am pinning this because "one of these days" I am going to try this:)
    PS I am now following via Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not tired of it, love both the last two, but this did make me realize I was going to stop back at a sale that had a free headboard/footboard. Sounds like work this morning now, but maybe I'll head out and see if it is still there.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bench looks marvelous!

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original Linky party is open!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!

    This is absolutely stunning!!

    Also , so glad that you are finally getting some rain!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. how wonderful! Your bench looks fantastic Holly! You do such great work.
    I'll be needing to make some for my one sale soon.

    gail

    ReplyDelete