Sunday, August 14, 2011

Twin Headboard Bench with Storage....

Hi Everyone!  Happy Sunday!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  I've been busy working out in the shop, trying to get the last few things built on the benches that are taking over the space so that I can move onto painting.  I have one that a customer ordered and the rest are for two upcoming Craft Fairs.  I thought I'd show you one of the storage benches.  Do you remember the twin headboards that my aunt Barb hauled back from AZ that she found curbside?  Well, here's a picture of them when I got them from my aunt.

I like the detail on them, I think they look very feminine.

So, I cut one of them apart for the arms and cut the legs down so that the arms would be shorter than the back.
Since it was too hot to work out in the shop, I cut all my lumber for this project and hauled everything into my living room so I could work in a little comfort.  My dogs didn't like it, but I sure did.  And I decided that this needed to be a storage bench.



And here it is, almost finished.  The only thing left is the seat/top of the storage.  I've been trying to decide if I'm going to make the seat out of 1x6's like I did on the other storage bench or if I'm going to use plywood.  I think I'll be making this one out of 1x6's and using plywood on the other benches.
I'm really happy with the way this is turning out.  And I can't wait to paint it.  I'm thinking this one needs to be white or cream as I can see this in a girl's room.
I thought about painting it a nice red, but it's calling out to me to be cream. What do you think?  I'll show you how it turns out once I'm done making the seat and painting it.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment :

  1. I think a red with some dry brushed cream on it would be delicious!
    Hope your weekend was productive, with great weather!
    gail

    ReplyDelete