Friday, October 25, 2013

Headboards and more headboards....

Hi Everyone!  I'm busy getting ready for the Holiday Open House at my Studio in a couple of weeks.  I have to finish making a few shelves, some wooden ornaments and spindle trees.  I still need to rearrange the furniture in the studio (it's full).  And I need to decorate the Studio for Christmas since it is the Holiday Open House.  My Mom is helping me get ready for it (thanks Mom!).  But in the meantime, I thought I'd show you some headboards that my friend Lynett and my Aunt Barb picked up for me recently.
 I love the large turned posts.  I'm not a fan of the lattice work but I'm thinking that needs to be removed and the center pieces upholstered.
 This one is large.  Not only is it long (it's a king size) but it's tall too.  I'm thinking of just painting it and leaving it as a headboard instead of turning it into a bench.
I like this spindle bed.  The foot board is missing it's finials on the sides of the center piece but I think I can find away to replace them.
I love it when I get matching ones.  These are actually bunk beds.  I love the solid backs.  I can't wait to work on them.
 I love this one.  It didn't have a foot board but I have one that I think will work.
I know it's not a headboard, but it is bed related.  It's a Jenny Lind crib that I can take apart and use in a lot of different projects.  I will be busy this winter working on different projects with the headboards.  What would you do with them?  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments :

  1. Lots of great raw materials for you! Love the matching twin set--it is hard to find those. Can't wait to see what you do with all those spindles from the crib!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun headboards Holly! You're lucky to have an endless supply from your little "helpers".
    Good luck with the open house, happy your mom is able to help you. I want to build something!
    have a super weekend,
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great pieces to work with and I just know you will turn them into masterpieces, every one. Call me crazy, but I really like the latticework in the first one. To me, it gives it a unique and different twist. Looking forward to seeing how to transform them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you have a lot of good stuff to work with. I love the king sized headboard.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, I don't like the latticework and the second one is so different, I think it's a good idea to keep it as a headboard.
    It still amazes me how many bed ends your Aunt Barb finds, people don't have the vision to make them over I guess (which is all the better for you !).

    ReplyDelete