Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ironing board as art?......

Hi Everyone!  Happy Tuesday!  I wanted to share with you one of the things I've been working on.  Do you remember this antique ironing board that my aunt Barb gave me?  Well, I turned it into a piece of art which Gail @ myrepurposedlife inspired me to do after she put the mannequin on an ironing board.
I got the idea to put a wedding dress on this ironing board and an advertisement for a Dressmaker in London on it.
 So I drew my idea of a wedding dress onto the ironing board and then painted it with ASPC Old White and then I outlined it in black.
 I handpainted the Dressmaker on the top of the ironing board.
And the details of the Dressmaker and address in London on the bottom.
I know it's hard to tell in this picture but I put clear and dark wax on the entire board to age it, but I just couldn't sand it.  So I'm leaving it as is.  I'm going to see if I can get some better pictures of it, but I just couldn't wait to post it. 

Here's a little bit better picture of the coloring of the dress.  Thanks for stopping by.


4 comments :

  1. woohoo! Your ironing board (art) is gorgeous! You're so talented!
    love it Holly!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great! What a cool art piece. I'd love it if you would stop by my blog and check out the giveaway I'm having for a Dremel Trio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for linking up and linking back, catching you this week.
    gail

    ReplyDelete