Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sign remake completed...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Wednesday.  I wanted to show you what I did with the sign that my mother gave me that I couldn't figure out what to do.  Here are the before pictures so you can see what I started out with.
 And here it is after I painted it with Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Old White.
And in case you want to read the original post where I couldn't figure out what to do with it, click here Sign  Remake.

It finally spoke to me.  And this is what I did with it.  I painted that second molding black.  Which looks a whole lot better.
 And then I painted in red and black, one of my favorite sayings.
I was very happy with how it turned out.  I took it to the craft fair in Red Oak (I'll show you pictures from that fair soon) and it sold.  It went to a lady that was giving it as a gift.  So hopefully they will like it.  I think my mom wanted it back after she saw what I did to it.  I told her she could have it, but she decided to wait and see if it sold.  It if didn't sell, I was going to give it back to her, but it sold.  I'll have to make her something similar to it...maybe for Christmas...or as a thank you for the work she's done on my bench cushions or for helping me out at the Craft Fair.  We'll just have to see.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments :

Post a Comment