Saturday, September 10, 2011

Another Queen Anne chair....

Hi Everyone!  I hope you are all having a great weekend.  I've been busy getting ready for my second craft fair of the season that will happen a week from today.  But first I want to show you one of the chairs I took to the Essex Labor Day Market this past Monday.  It is one of the chairs that my Aunt Nancy gave to me.  Here's what it looked like when I pulled it out of storage.
A bit too dark for my taste.
 And here's how she turned out.  I used Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Country Grey.
 Then I sanded it and waxed it using clear wax.
 And I recovered the seat in my Mom's favorite fabric that I've used on a lot of my bench cushions.
I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  I have four more of this style to redo, but a few of them need a little TLC first.  I took this and the arm chair to the Essex Labor Day Market, but they didn't sell.  There was a lot of interest in them and one lady really wanted them, but her husband told her they were too fancy for them.  She almost looked heartbroken.  I guess it just wasn't meant to be.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment