Friday, September 2, 2011

Storage box bench or coffee table...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Friday!  I hope you have plans for a great weekend!  I will be finishing things up for the Craft Fair on Monday.  My brother and his family are coming, in fact they are on the road as I type this.  Do you remember this storage box bench that I shared with you a few weeks ago?  Well, I finally finished the first of two of them. 
I painted this one semi-gloss white and then added walnut stain to tone down the brightness of the white.

And using the same walnut stain, I stained the top.  It's a plywood top and the edges have been faced with an iron-on veneer to give it a much more finished look.
 And here's how it turned out.

 I'm really happy with how this turned out.  It's the perfect size for a coffee table or bench with built-in storage.  I think the walnut stained top looks good against the white.  Now it's on to the second one.  I think I'm going to paint the base of that one black and make it a padded top.  Have a great holiday weekend!  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment :

  1. I hadn't thought of this for a coffee table, but it would be a great place to store blankets and such..or sheets and pillows for a sofa bed!

    ReplyDelete