Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas wishes...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Sunday.  It's been overcast and foggy for the last two days and unfortunately, I think I'm coming down with a cold.  Which of course means I haven't been as productive as I would like to have been.
  I'm still working on the American flag for a client and am hoping to be finished with it on my day off this week.
 Since I needed something to do that didn't require a lot of work, I decided to go ahead and make my Christmas cards.  Every year for the last 5 or 6 years I make about a dozen cards to give away and then use store bought cards for the rest. 
 Using cream colored card stock, white typing paper and large envelops I created sheet music cards with a bird silhouette on a limb.  I found some sheet music with Joy to the World on it and photocopied it onto the card stock.
 Then I drew the bird on the limb onto each piece of sheet music.
 And then colored it in with a black paint pen.
 Then I created the message for the reverse side and cut each one down to fit the size of the card stock.
 Using an Elmer's glue stick, I attached the white paper to the backside of the cream card stock.
 Nothing fancy.  Just a simple card with Christmas wishes.  I'll be sending these out to some special people in my life.  And now I'm going to go rest, watch a Christmas movie and try to get rid of this cold.  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments :

  1. oh my... make your own cards? you put me to shame!
    they are soo very cute! can't go wrong with sheet music and birds.
    it is 73 and very sunny here today. unbelievable. I should be building! :(

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked anything with sheet music, and this is really pretty! The people on your card list are very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. The black bird is too cute!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no...your sick??? Get better soon. Those cards are ADORABLE. Of course you just made them...you are so talented. I am sure the special people in your life will appreciate them. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How's the heat working in your studio?

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete