Saturday, February 4, 2012

In the meadow we can build a snowman....

Hi Everyone!  Well, the snow started and it's still snowing.  This is what it looked like outside my back door at 7:00 this morning.

I tried to make it into work this morning, but had a little bit of trouble with the four wheel drive on the truck and got stuck trying to go up a hill.  I called my boss Chris (he just happened to be heading by from his parents farm - they live a couple miles up the road from me and my other boss lives a mile down the road the other direction), he just happen to be a minute from me, he had the magic touch and got the truck to stay in four wheel drive.  Then he followed me up the hill until I could turn around and followed me back to the farm, where he told me to stay, so no work today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 And this is how it looked about 20 minutes ago.  It is the wettest snow I've ever seen.  Which also means that it is heavy.  So hopefully there won't be any problems with the power lines.  Keep your fingers crossed that the electricity stays on! 
I won't be out in the shop today...so no building.  I have some signs that I need to finish up (they are all in the house!).  Maybe today is a good day to do some planning and cleaning and rearranging...or there's always that book I've been trying to read for months but haven't had the time.
 Here's hoping that you and your families are safe and enjoying this weekend.  And that no one gets stuck out in this weather.
Thanks for stopping by.  I think I'll go find that book.....

12 comments :

  1. I don't mind saying one bit I'm glad that wet heavy sno-man building snow is south of me! Although I have not checked the weather for the past few days.... could it be happening here soon too? Ahhh....

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa! it is pretty... but can be very dangerous. I'm so glad you didn't go in to work! I can only imagine what it must look like NOW.
    Stay warm, have some coffee, cocoa or tea, and curl up with that book!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, that is a lot of snow.....but pretty though! Hope the roads are a bit better for you on Monday for work. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's incredible to me...so hard to imagine since I've always lived in Texas. There's been a handful of times that my husband has been in an interview process with churches in IA. ..nothing that has materialized. I'd love to see that part of the country someday.

    Sharon
    I'm following along on your new linky follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! What a storm! Good thing you can stay put and stay warm inside today. What a great time to dive into some creative projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful! It's been the weirdest winter here, we usually have a lot of snow & there just isn't any this year. I'm following from the Sunday Social. If you get a chance, I'd love you to stop by my blog & maybe follow along too!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want snow! We have crazy weather in Houston. Yesterday was almost 80, and today it's 54... and I wonder why I get sick...lol!


    new follower from the hop!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so pretty! I miss snow:( Following from the SS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Just stopping by from the Social Sunday blog hop. I’m your newest follower and I hope you’ll follow back at The Crunchy Mamacita and my brand new food The Sweet Spot

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lot of snow! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh mylanta! it's fun to have a snowday, huh? :) new follower here from Sunday Social...would love if you'd visit me! :)

    ~Hilary~

    http://daydreambeliever-hilary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete