Thursday, May 19, 2011

I can't believe he's graduating...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Thursday!  I can't believe my nephew Ridge is graduating from high school.  It just doesn't seem possible.  Tonight is his graduation ceremony and unfortunately, I can't be there.  I have to work and I have the puppies to take care and to try to find homes for.  My brother and his family are going, my parents are going, but the timing was just wrong for me to make the trip.  And boy do I feel bad! 

 I lived in the same area as his parents did when he was born and for the first 6 months of his life, I helped take care of him everyday!  He slept through the night for the first time at my apartment.  He had colic and when his parents just couldn't take it anymore, they would call me and I'd make the 15 minute drive to their home and not more than 10 minutes after I got there he would settle down and go to sleep.  I moved and then his parents moved and then they got divorced.  And despite all the things that have gone on his life, he has remained a very kind hearted and sweet boy who has put God at the forefront of his life.  He goes to church, Sunday school, and on mission trips and I've been so impressed with him. 

He use to come and stay with my parents and I for a month or so every summer, but hasn't the last couple of summers and I've missed spending that time with him.  But he had a summer job and his friends.  And now he's enlisted in the Marines because he wants to serve our country and make a difference.  And I couldn't be more proud of him.  I just hope I get to see him before he leaves in the fall. 

 So, Congratulations Ridge!  Wish I could be there!  Love you!

1 comment :