Friday, May 27, 2011

I just couldn't resist....

Hi Everyone!  Happy Friday!  Well, I had to show you my version of the jar attached to the board that I've seen in blogland.  I turned mine into a multi-purpose item.  I added the hooks because you can never have to many hooks, plus I liked the way it looked with stainless steel clamp.  Then of course I had to add a hand painted sign to it.  I like it. 

Showing it here with flowers in the jar.  It would make a nice entry way addition.  You could hang your keys or the dog's leash from the hooks or have it as a place for guest to hang their coats.

It has so many uses and can be used in so many different places.  It can be used below a message center or in a guest bathroom.  And as usual, the board is a scrap piece of the baseboard that came from a 1880's home that was torn down.  Recycle and reuse when ever possible.  The jar came from my grandmother's canning stash so the only thing I had to buy were the hooks (which I actually had left over from another project) and the stainless steel clamp.  Too bad I don't have a place to hang it, yet.....Well, thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend!

2 comments :

  1. I haven't seen this kind before. I've seen the ones with wire hangers though.
    cute! you did a great job!
    hope ya have a great (long) holiday weekend.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I have admired these as well...maybe I'll have to jump on the bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete