Sunday, July 15, 2012

Stand remake...

Hi Everyone!  I hope your weekend is going well.  Mine is busy.  I delivered Odin's stand after work yesterday and my client loved it.  She was giving it to him later in the day.

Before work yesterday I started a remake of a little stand.  I got this stand 11 years ago when I was living in a small apartment.  It's a plant stand but I use it to hold a lamp in a dark corner.  Since I'm changing the colors in my studio, I also need to change the color of the stand.
Here's what it looked like this morning before I got started.  
 I cleaned the surface and then painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Louis Blue.
 Then when I got home from work I painted it in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White.  And lightly sanded the top and the sides.

 I applied both Louis Blue and Old White to the metal scrolls leaving a few spots plain so it looks like it had chipped off.  I decided not to do the whole base, just the scrolled areas.
I think it looks better and will definitely fit better in the dark corner of my studio.  Now I just need to repaint the lamp that resides on this stand.  I finished painting the walls for the second time last night.  I still need to paint the trim but I think I'll do that down the road.  Today I'm going to begin moving furniture around.  I still need to box up some of the items that I no longer have room for in the space.  I also have to move a large work table in that I made and paint it.  I have a very long to do list.  And the push is on because I have company coming a week from Tuesday and I want to have the majority of it done by then.  On that note, I need to get to work.  Thanks for stopping by.

Linking to:
http://shadesofamberinc.blogspot.com/2012/07/chalk-paint-link-party_17.html
http://www.myrepurposedlife.net/2012/07/catch-as-catch-can-82.html
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-6.html

5 comments :

  1. You certainly keep yourself busy, don't you? The made over stand looks much brighter. AND, of course your client loved the ODIN stand, it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your little stand looks cute. I love louis blue! I'm so happy you're going to have a studio!

    good luck!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I just saw Louis blue in person today, I love the color! Hopefully you got lots checked off the to do list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much brighter! Love it. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from My Repurposed Life. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-6.html Wishing you a grand weekend. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete