Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Little grey bench...

Hi Everyone!  There's still so much to do before the fair this weekend but I thought I'd take a moment for show and tell.  I had a little time on my lunch break today while there was a little sun to take some pictures to share with you.
 I built this bench out of 1x8's, 1x6's, 1x4's and 1x2's....all of which I had on hand.
 I cut the boards, glued them together, and attached the cross boards using screws.
 Once it was built, I took it to my Mom (without the seat) to paint.  I mixed up the color, it's a grey blue that doesn't look this blue in real life.  Mom painted it for me and then I did some light sanding of it.
 I put together two 1x8's for the seat, sanded it and painted the underside of it white before attaching it to the base.
I painted the top and then hand painted the tree branch and the bird in black.
I still have to wax and buff the top which is on my to do list for tonight.  I will be taking this to the Arbor Day Fair in Nebraska City this weekend.  And now I need to get back to work.  Thanks for stopping by!

Linking to:
http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2013/04/under-100-linky-party_24.html 
http://www.myrepurposedlife.com/2013/04/catch-as-catch-can-119.html 

7 comments :

  1. Of course you hand painted the tree branch and the bird :).

    This is stunning. I bet this will be your first sale. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just lovely! Anything with a bird on it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh holly--that will go quick! So darn cute! Good luck with the final preparations!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on this bench, Holly! The colors are great and I just love your bird painting on top. Have fun at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The title made my head start singing Prince and Little Red Corvette.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, you did a fabulous job! Stopping by from My Repurposed Life's Catch as Catch Can 119...

    Cher @ Designs by Studio C
    http://designsbystudioc.com

    ReplyDelete