Sunday, April 21, 2013

Getting ready for a show...

Hi Everyone!  I know it's been too long since my last post.  I've been busy getting ready for a show next weekend and an Open House next month.  I've done so much already and have just a little bit more to do.  One of the things I worked on last weekend was a  foot board shelf.
 My original intent was for this lone foot board that my Aunt Barb gave me to become a peg sign like I made last year.
 I had planned on doing something like this with it.....
 I had cut the legs down and was getting ready to cut the wooden pegs for it when I happened to look at it upside down and decided to change directions....
 ...I cut the legs down to match the bottom of the cross board, added the brackets, beefed up the cross board and added the top board (a 1x6) to turn it into a shelf.....
 ...I added the pegs I cut from an old Jenny Lind baby crib...and gave it to my mom to paint for me...
 ...Mom painted it in Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint...then I sanded and waxed it...
I added D hook hangers to the back and now it's ready to go to the fair and hopefully to a new home.  So that's just one of the things I'm taking to the show...there's so much more to show you...but that will have to wait for another day.  Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments :

  1. That turned out great Holly! Perfect for an entryway. I would love to see every single thing you have built but I guess I can wait ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wonderful! I love what you did with this foot board! Seriously too cute!

    gail
    ps kudos to mom too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it. It took me a minute to realize that you turned it upside down. You are brilliant. I am sure this will sell fast. How sweet that your mom helped you paint it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinned. Liking the change up on it.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how this turned out! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this peg board the best, because of the addition of the shelf, it's gorgeous. I'm guessing this sold pretty quickly ?

    ReplyDelete