Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A painted headboard...

Hi Everyone!  I've been busy getting ready for a mini-open house at the Studio.  The business contact I made at the Fair this Spring is coming tomorrow afternoon to take a look at some of the things I've made, hopefully she will find something she likes.  But tonight I thought I'd show you what I did with one of the headboards my Aunt Barb gave me last year that I hadn't done anything with yet.
 It was nice enough the way it was, but I thought it needed a little sprucing up.
 I painted it in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey and then I sanded it.  I haven't waxed it yet.
 I thought I had better get pictures taken before the sunlight goes down too far.
 I really like this color.  I painted a dresser in it too that I'll show you soon.
And these feet are wonderful.  It still has the original casters on it...only one of the wooden wheels is split.  I was going to turn this into a bench, and I still might, but for now, it will be on display in my Studio.  Thanks for stopping by.

Linking to:
http://startathome.blogspot.com/2013/07/paint-party-6.html

4 comments :

  1. You've wasted no time, have you? It looks great. Can't wait to see the dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would look great as a bench! Benches are ALWAYS popular around here...people ask and and say---CALL ME when you get a bench!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that it has the casters. I don't know how you left it alone.... lol I do see what you mean about some headboards STAYING headboards. I'll try to do it, we'll see if it works
    I have Paris Gray, but not a huge fan. I used it on those tables that sent me to the hospital (due to heat) and I don't think I've used it since

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply love this headboard and it looks fabulous in the soft grey. It sounds like your business is doing well.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete