Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Padded storage bench and headboard...

Hi Everyone!  Yesterday I showed you a headboard bench that a client ordered for Christmas for one of her daughters and today I thought I'd show you what my client ordered for her other daughter.
 It's a padded storage bench with lots of room inside.  My client's daughter came out and picked the style of bench, the color and a couple of fabrics but left the final choice to me.
 This was her favorite fabric so that's what I used.  Then my client called and had found a headboard that had some damage on it and was shiny white laminate and wanted to know if I could make it over to match the bench and repair the damage.
 And this is how it turned out (sorry no before pictures).  I was able to repair the damage by adding an additional board to the top of the headboard and filling in the damaged area with Quickwood.
The really neat thing about this headboard is the cutouts.  It comes with plastic, colored pieces that you can use to change the look of the headboard, but instead of using those, I used the same fabric as the bench.  And of course I painted the whole thing black.  I think they turned out well and looked great together.  My client liked it too.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment :

  1. how perfect that you were able to tie the bench and the headboard together.

    I love the look of both of them.

    gail

    ReplyDelete