Sunday, January 15, 2012

Word of the year...

Hi Everyone!  I don't know about you, but I don't make resolutions.  Never have.  But I do take stock of my life at the beginning of each year.  So I was excited to see posts of the word of the year.  In case you haven't seen it, Layla over at The Lettered Cottage is hosting a Word of the year party.   I've spent the last week trying to decide on my word of the year.   I've come up with several words, but they just weren't exactly right.  I just haven't been able to decide on just one word until now.  DO!

The definition of do:  a verb 1. to perform (an act, duty, role, etc.): Do nothing until you hear the bell. 2. to execute (a piece or amount of work): to do a hauling job3. to accomplish; finish; complete: He has already done his homework.  4. to put forth; exert: Do your best.  5. to be the cause of (good, harm, credit, etc.); bring about; effect.

I want to not put things off until the last minute.    I want to have the idea and then do it.  I want to make the schedule and follow it.  I want to make the to do list and finish it completely, not just the big things.  I want to make things happen for myself by doing it.  What ever it is.  I want to get it done.  I want to keep working toward my goals without being disappointed in myself that I didn't do all that I could.  So I am going to DO!  And as I do, I'll share those things with you.

What is your word of the year?  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment :

  1. Well we'll just have to check off our do's together, won't we? Thanks for the sweet comment on my post. Wishing you all the best in 2012, Holly!

    ReplyDelete