Friday, October 28, 2011

Armless headboard bench....

Hi Everyone!  Do you remember when I showed you this headboard and said I was going to make my first ever armless bench?  Well, I made one and took it to the Clarinda Craft Carnival.
I took apart another headboard that I wasn't crazy about the posts on it and used the back of it to make that Welcome sign with the pegs and I used the bottom of the posts as the front legs of this bench.
I painted it black since it seems to be the most popular color of the benches I've made.  I upholstered the seat and there it is.  And boy did everyone love it.  I put extra foam in the seat to make it comfortable.  To me it looks less like a bed and more like something you would see at a furniture store.  I had a lot of interest in this but some of them want to see it with storage in it.  So I'll try that next.  I was really happy with the way this turned out and I think I'm going to get some orders for this style of bench, which makes me very happy.  And the fact that it sold at the Clarinda Craft Carnival makes me giddy!  It was a good day!  Now I have to get to working on things for the next fair.  Thanks for stopping by!

Linking to:
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/2012/03/sat-nite-special-link-party-125-benches.html 

1 comment :

  1. congrats! you have me wanting to make a bench!
    Love how this one turned out.
    gail

    ReplyDelete