Friday, September 20, 2013

A rolling cart...

Hi Everyone!  Today I thought I'd show you what I made this past Sunday.  Despite the fact that I had a list of items I needed to finish for the fair this weekend, I decided to take a stack of lumber and build a rolling cart.  I started it on Sunday and finished it on Monday.  I don't have any before shots because it was just a stack of lumber.  And I don't have any in process shots because I was trying to get this done quickly.
 For this one I actually drew up plans and had what my measurements were going to be (I usually just wing it as I go) because I was trying to get this done quickly.  I used 2x4"s for the frame and 1x8"s and 1x4"s for the top and shelves. 
 I painted the base a pretty leaf green color and stained the top with my favorite custom dark brown stain.
 I added wheels with brakes to it.
It could be used as a kitchen island, a bar cart, a storage cart, a media center...there are so many possibilities for it.  I will be taking this to the fair this weekend.  I debated on the color for a long time and whether I should distress the finish but decided against it.  What would you have painted?  And what would you use it for?  Thanks for stopping by.

Linking to:
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2013/09/wow-us-wednesdays-137.html 
http://madeinaday.com/2013/09/26/made-u-look-linky/
http://www.myrepurposedlife.com/2013/09/catch-as-catch-can-136.html 
http://www.redouxinteriors.com/2013/09/link-party-123-features-plus-modern-masters-paints-giveaway 

5 comments :

  1. I like this a lot! Everything on wheels is just a little bit better ;-) Love the green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw it I thought 'island'. I'm sure someone's going to snap that up !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you put stained tops on painted projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need something like that for my shop... just never take the time to build something. RIght now I'm using an old computer stand. hahahaha
    great job Holly!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cart, I like the colour combination you chose.

    ReplyDelete