Friday, September 20, 2013

Bench in Paris Grey....

Hi Everyone!  My two-day fair is this weekend.  I've gotten everything set up and ready to go and we did it in record time.  Now I just need a good nights sleep because tomorrow will be a long day.  So tonight I thought I'd show one of the benches I took to the fair.
I love how this bench turned out.  My mom picked it up at a used furniture shop for me.
  I love the lines on it.  And it's one heavy dude!  I think it's solid walnut.
I painted it first with a coat of black primer.  I wanted black to show through when I sanded it back especially on the new wood.
I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey.  I love Paris Grey!  It is my favorite color.
I sanded it to reveal the black and wood through the Paris Grey.  I upholstered the seat in drop cloth.  I love the way it turned out.  Now I'm going to play with the dogs a bit and then go to bed early!  Tomorrow will be a long day.  What are your plans for the weekend?  Make it great.  Thanks for stopping by!

Linking to:
http://www.domestically-speaking.com/2013/09/196th-power-paint-party-popp.html

2 comments :

  1. It's a gorgeous bench, such a gorgeous shape. I bet it's sold !

    ReplyDelete
  2. great looking bench holly! I want to make one so bad. :)

    I can't wait to hear all about your sale.

    gail

    ReplyDelete