Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bench remake...

Hi Everyone!  I've been busy getting ready for my Studio Open House next weekend.  One of the things I did was redo a bench I made and took to the Arbor Day Fair last month.  I made this headboard bench with storage and painted it in Dark Walnut...
 ...but when it didn't sell I decided to lighten it up with a little remake...
 ...I repainted it in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White....
 ...and then I distressed it...
...I liked it in the Dark Walnut, but I really like how the details stand out now.  I think it was definitely the right decision to repaint it.
I think it was definitely the right decision to repaint it.  What do you think?  It will be for sale at my Open House next weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.

Linking to:
http://www.domestically-speaking.com/2013/06/180th-power-of-paint-party-popp.html

3 comments :

  1. I loved the bench both ways. I think white does make it look much brighter. If it doesn't sell at the open house will you paint it again :)...of course, I am joking...I know it will sell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they both look great, but lighter is so "in" right now! Hope it sells quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree... it was great before, but lighter is brighter.... I bet it flies out the door. :)

    good luck with all the last minute preparations!

    gail

    ReplyDelete