Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dresser remake...

Hi Everyone!  This weekend just flew by...but thanks to my parents and Dad's helper Lane, a lot of things were accomplished this weekend in getting ready for the Open House next weekend.  Dad and Lane worked outside on Saturday getting the farm in shape while Mom and I cleaned inside.  I still have a few pieces to finish but all in all, things are about ready.  The ad is in the paper as of Saturday so there's no turning back now.  I'm getting excited!  I know that my mom is worried that no one will show up, but if I even have a handful of customers I will mark it as a success.  I have no expectations for how many people will show up to this but you have to start somewhere...right?
 So here's one of the dressers that will be for sale at the Open House.  I shared this with you a few months back.  There was nothing really wrong with it, but I felt it needed a facelift.
 I painted it in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White. 
 Then I sanded it lightly.
 I brought it outside the studio to sand it and take pictures.
 I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  I just love those turned legs...and it still has the original casters on it.  Can you believe this is the first dresser I bought and remade.  And it is currently sitting in the Studio in a spot that looks like it was made for it, so I'm alright with it if it doesn't sell.  (I'll show you pictures of it in the Studio once I have everything in it's place.)  There's still a lot to do, but I'm getting things crossed off my to list.  Thanks for stopping by.

Linking to:
http://www.domestically-speaking.com/2013/05/179th-power-of-paint-party-popp.html 

10 comments :

  1. It's gorgeous! Love all of those pretty details :-)

    -Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
    www.revolutionariesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm sure it won't be your last dresser, because you are obviously a natural! Love it. Hope your open house is lots of fun next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out beautiful! I am so excited for you, for your open house. I know it will be a success. You put yourself out there and I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Holly! Such a pretty piece and looking oh so much better in her new outfit.

    I can't wait to see pics of the studio all decked out. :)

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great attitude you have Holly! I love that you'll consider a few people a successful open house. I am sure you'll have more than just a few people, though. I know you'll do great. You have incredible projects, like this one, that will impress and sell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning. I love its new remake, looks very fresh and elegant in white. Good luck with your weekend show, you must be on pins and needles my friend! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out beautifully. The white gives it a much more feminine feel. I can't wait to see your studio.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty piece, the detailing is so nice, I'm sure it'll sell too !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those legs too! I'm featuring it in the PoPP Spotlight this week. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete