I've been reading everyone's 25 thing lists and I decided to play along. Here's my list in no particular order....
1. My birthday is 2/24. I will be 40. And proud of it.
2. I am single and do not have children.
3. I always said I wouldn't get married and that I would only adopt children, not have them.
4. I am adopted. I was in foster care until I was 10 months old and these wonderful people came and rescued me. I am forever grateful.
5. My name use to be Rhonda Jean. Holly Michelle is so much more fitting for me. Thanks Mom and Dad!
6. I have lived in four states...IA, MO, CO (several times) and WA. I miss Colorado. But have moved more times than I care to remember. I'm not moving anymore if I can help it.
7. I went to Mexico on an exchange trip when I was 17.
8. It was my first plane ride.
9. My first trip out of the country. I lived with a family and went to school through a language exchange program. My parents only agreed to let me go if I paid for it myself (I think they thought I wouldn't go then). I never called home or sent a postcard while I was there. It was so much harder then to find a phone to use and I didn't want to run out of money.
10. I graduated from college in three years. I got a B.S. in Psychology and a Minor in History. I have worked at only one job for six months in my field of study. It was not meant to be. I should have gone to an art college or done graphic design or business or something else.
11. I have gone back to school several times while trying to decide what I want to be when I grew up.
12. My closest friend has the same exact birth date as I do. She is 12 hours older. I didn't meet her until after we both moved to Colorado and were working for the same telecom company. How weird is that.
13. I have 2 chocolate lab dogs. Bo and Bailey. Bailey sleeps downstairs (protecting the house) and Bo sleeps right beside me, protecting me.
14. I live on the family farm. In the same house that my mother grew up in. The farm has only been in the family since 1953 but the house was built in the 1880's. I love the history that goes along with it.
15. I love to read but can't seem to find the time these days
16. I love to watch movies. I can watch a movie over and over again.
17. I want to open my own store. Or find a partner and open one together. (I almost didn't want to put this down. That little fear monger inside doesn't want me to say it out loud.)
18. Growing up my brother was my best friend. Until we moved to town. He had guys his own age or older to hang with. I missed him until we were both almost adults.
19. I am reserved. Until I get to know you and then watch out. Some people think it's shyness but it's not...I just need to see how you are and who you are before I let you in. Some people take it as though I'm stuck up...but I don't. And I have been working on trying to over come this my entire life! I think it is rooted in the first year of my life.
20. I hate to clean. HATE IT! And I have allergies to most cleaning supplies unless it's all natural and then it can't be scented at all.
21. I have allergies to dust, dander, perfume, heavy chemical smells (basically anything with a powerful smell), pollen, grass.....I could go on and on. But I love to be outside despite it.
22. I work as a bookkeeper in a plumbing shop. Before this I was the Scale Master at a Grain Elevator (3 different elevators).
23. I wear the same type of things everyday. My parents refer to it as my uniform. T-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes. Or t-shirt, jean shorts and tennis shoes. When it's cool or cold a hoodie on top of my t-shirt. In the winter I sometimes add a flannel shirt and hiking boots instead of tennis shoes. Is this wrong of me?
24. I use to be a manager at a mid size telecom company. I had three teams that reported to me. I was on call 24 hours a day. I got called in the middle of the night because the VP of the US didn't have phone service on his ranch. I was climbing the corporate ladder. I wore business suits. I made a good living. I was miserable.
25. I am happy now. I'm poor (less money) and I work all the time but I'm happy. And isn't that what it's all about?....
Now, that's probably more than you ever wanted to know about me. I just looked back at my list and boy is it wordy. I'd try to find some pics to go with it, but that would just make it longer. I don't blame you if you just skipped over it. Thanks for stopping by.
Linking to Perfectly Imperfect