So I pulled out a few of them and bought them. I got a great employee discount on them. I got all seven for a few bucks. So I cleaned them up and got to working on how to make them into actual flowers.
I love the colors and the fact that they are banged up and scratched.
Then a found these leaf shaped wooden cutouts in my stash, drilled a hole in them and fed a small wire through two or three of the wooden cutouts and twisted the wire around the dowel from the top to the bottom of the dowel.
And then I mixed up some green paint and painted the stem, leaves and the wire.
And there you go. Easy as can be.
And these flowers won't wilt or die.
And I love how industrial they look.