Saturday, February 4, 2012

Inside the box...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Saturday!  Well, so far we've had the rain and wind.  The snow should be starting soon.  Here's hoping it isn't as much as they have been forecasting and that the roads aren't too icy on my way to work this morning.

So last night, I decided to make a smaller box.  I cut scraps of 1x4" pieces to make this box.

I put it together using glue, nails, and a couple of screws.  I filled the nail holes and waited for it to dry.

I sanded it and painted it leaf green.  And while I waited for it to dry, I worked on a couple of new signs.
Once it was dry I painted it white and again waited for it to dry.  Back to working on the signs.
And then I got busy with my mouse sander so that some of the green would show through.

And there it is.  I think it needs a medallion on the side or maybe some lettering or numbers.
It's also a great size to hold my small bottles of craft paints.
I like it better with the vintage milk bottles.  This box is shorter than the other one and shows off more of the bottle.  But I do think it needs something.  What would you add to it?  Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Links:
http://www.cherishedbliss.com/2012/02/craft-and-tell.html

3 comments :

  1. Well you make building look so easy! And keep the snow down there and don't send it up to us in Minnesota.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this box with the flowers in it....so charming and chic! I like it just the way it is, but I'd be curious to see what the box looked like if you decided to add numbers to it.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this!! So simple, yet so much you can do with it! Thanks for sharing at Craft and Tell!!

    ReplyDelete