Friday, April 1, 2011

Burlap and Sheet Music Paper Flower Wreath..

Happy Friday Everyone!  I wanted to share with you the very simple, yet sweet burlap wreath I made the other night.  I had one of those straw wreaths that I've been eyeing and wondering what to make with it.  I started out by wrapping it in a cream colored cloth, but everything I put next to it just looked dull and a little boring.  So I decided to try the burlap.  The burlap added some much needed texture and made for a nicer background for everything I placed on top of it.
 I pulled out my trusty hot glue gun and glued the sheet music paper flowers to it.
I then thought it needed a touch of color.  But the question was what to put with it.  Flowers were out since I was already using paper flowers on it.  Should I put some greenery on it?  No, that looked weird.  Then I remembered I had some wooden red birds.
The red birds were just right.  I used the cream colored fabric to make the holder at the top.  Now the question is, Does it need something else?  I have a rusty Welcome sign that might be just the right thing...What do you think? 
I just pinned the welcome sign onto the wreath to see what it would look like.  I like the Welcome sign, but now I'm wondering if it needs to be painted cream or red to match the birds.  What do you think?  Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments :

  1. I love this! I think the rusty sign is a good choice and blends in with the burlap. Your sheet music flowers are wonderful. Great project, thanks for sharing and for visiting with me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute wreath and cute blog! I'm your newest follower. I can't wait to see what you do next.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to put these flowers on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete