Thursday, March 31, 2011

Little Red Bench...

Hi Everyone.  The green bench at the shop sold and since I didn't have another headboard bench ready to go, I had to get something ready to fill the space, so this is what I came up with.  I apologize if the red looks pink, but it really is a nice red color.  I took these pictures at night and it's amazing how much difference natural light makes.
 It is made out of recycled cedar boards that were out in the old corn crib. 
 I sanded it until it was smooth, painted it red, then took the electric sander back to it and distressed the paint and added a brown antiquing glaze to it.  These pictures really don't do it justice.
Then I hand painted the welcome and thought it needed a little something extra so I added the little bird to it.
Bo just had to give his sniff of approval to it when it was all done.  Well, thanks for stopping by.

No comments :

Post a Comment