Monday, April 25, 2011

Eggs anyone...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoyed Easter.  I know I did.  I made this sign over the weekend and when I was done, I thought how appropriate this one is after Easter.  Did you color Easter Eggs or use the plastic eggs?  We did not color eggs, but I remember enjoying it when I was a child.



This board is about 30" long and isn't technically a scrap piece, but it is a little wonky (is that a word?).  It has a dip in the edge which is not good for somethings, but is great character for this sign.  I just had to add the three eggs on the end.  When I finish painting a sign and it's dried, I'm always a little hesitant to distress it, after all I just spent how long painting it, but I'm always happy I distressed it in the end.  So I've learned not to try to be perfect in the painting, that it's okay to not cover each letter perfectly and I think that just adds to the end result.  What do you think?  Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments :

  1. This one is sooo cute! Love the "real" eggs at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking sign!
    dreaming-n-color.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute sign and lovely blog!
    I am a new follower from the Creative Bloggers Party & Hop. Please follow me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sign! Really appreciate you sharing this great post with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect vintage freshness! Great job!


    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linked back to you today! I still love this sign!
    http://redhenhome.blogspot.com/2011/07/beadboard-signs.html

    ReplyDelete