Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A little hope...

Hi Everyone!  I'm sure you've seen the 3-D wooden letter signs that you can buy at various stores with different sayings.  Well, I've been making those for years because I always thought they were priced too high.  All you need are the letters (you can buy them at Hobby Lobby or other craft stores, even Wal-Mart carries some), a board the length of your letters, some glue, screws or nails and paint.
I like to uses screws and glue to hold the letters in place.  I first determine where the letters are going by marking the base on the top side of the board to I know exactly where the screws need to go.  Then I drill a small hole down through the top of the board so it goes all the way through, then turn the board over and countersink the screw from the underside.  I add glue before screwing the letter in place.
Lastly, I add paint.  Easy and very inexpensive.  I've even helped my nephew when he was maybe 8 or 9 make these for his Mom and Dad.  He's now 17 and about to graduate from high school.  Where does the time go?  Well, thanks for stopping by.

No comments :

Post a Comment