Thursday, September 18, 2014

Little chairs....

Hi Everyone!  I'm still getting things ready for my Open House next week and wanted to show you these chairs that my friend Lynett found at Goodwill and called me to see if I'd want them earlier this year.  They are vintage kids chairs that are in really good shape.
 I had them sitting in the shop for a while then moved them into the studio.  I cleaned them up but couldn't decide what to do with them.  Should I paint them or decorate them....I cleaned them both up....
 ...and decided (so far) to not paint this one, but to use it in my pumpkin display in the studio.
 I've thought about decorating it with vines or pip berry garland, but so far I haven't done it.  I like the simplicity of it in the display.
 But I couldn't stop myself from painting this one.  And I love how it looks.
 I distressed it and waxed it (lightly) and then displayed it on a table in the studio surrounded by book apples.
I love it in my studio.  It's going to be hard to see these little chairs go because they've become a part of my studio, but I think they will be for sale at my Fall Open House.  But if they don't sell, it certainly won't disappoint me!   Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment :

  1. I adore little chairs! I love that you painted one and left one ;-)

    ReplyDelete