Monday, September 22, 2014

Welcome...

Hi Everyone!  Just a few more days until my Fall Open House....I have a bunch of small things left to do...most of the big things are done.  Today I thought I'd show you a welcome sign I made.  My aunt Barb gave me an old newel post (sorry, no before pictures) that was weathered.
Using a chisel and a hammer, I took apart the three boards that made up the newel post.  One of the boards became this...I painted it black, lightly sanded it, then added the pip berry wreath and the hand painted Welcome Friends sign.  It will be available at my Fall Open House this weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments :

  1. I like it! What a smart idea to take the post apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! hmmmm wonder what happened to the rest of it?

    gail

    ReplyDelete