Friday, January 6, 2012

It felt like spring...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Friday!  Yesterday the weather was glorious here.  It was sunny and warm and it felt like Spring!  This has been one crazy winter.  The old farmers have a saying that whatever day the first snow comes on is how many days it will snow.  It snowed first here on the 4th, I think.  So by their call, we should only have four days of snow.  And I think we are at two so far.  No snow in the forecast any time soon.  So with great weather today, I was in the mood for spring, so I made a spring wreath.
 It's bright and cheerful and makes me think of getting out in the garden.  It screams Spring to me!
 I loved this little doll with her garden gate and just had to have her for this wreath.
And of course there had to be a bird on a wreath for spring.

 A cute little watering can was the next thing that just had to be on a spring wreath.
I made these flowers out of small tart pans.  I painted them apple green with a wooden circle painted cream and glued to the center of the tart pan.

 The whole wreath is on a grapevine wreath with a yellow pip berry garland to give it that punch of spring color.  I really like how this turned out.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to put it up for sale rather than hang it on my door.  But then I have time since Spring is not here yet.  So we'll see.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment :

  1. Sweet wreath Holly! It was sunny and 60 here today! I'm lovin' it. We are suppose to have a cold spell, but then warm up again.
    have a great weekend!
    gail

    ReplyDelete