Monday, January 9, 2012

Wreath revisited...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Monday!  I made this wreath last year but never finished it.  I couldn't decide what to do with it.  I lived with it for a while and then boxed it up and put it away.  I liked the way it looked but it was too plain and nothing I put with it looked exactly right.
And then I found a rusty butterfly.  I knew it would be the thing to put on it.  But since it was rusty, it didn't stand out.  It was almost exactly the same color as the wreath.  So I painted it with antique white paint.  And I think it was the right choice.



 I could have painted the butterfly another color, but I thought the antique white made for the best contrast of colors.  The butterfly now stands out.

I like it much better now.  What do you think?  Have a great week!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments :

Post a Comment