Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A chair remade...

Hi Everyone!  I thought I'd show you the chair I redid to go with the table I showed you yesterday.  And this time I do have a before picture.  It's a really sturdy, nothing special chair.
 I painted it in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White.  And then I sanded it but I didn't wax it.
 I still have to wax it, but I'm thinking of leaving it as is and not waxing it so it will continue to age.
 I tried to sand it where it would have naturally worn...front chair legs and stretchers would really take a beating....at least they do with me.
 It's the perfect chair to sit at this table....
 ...and it's pretty comfortable too....
I  have it sitting on my front porch greeting you as you walk into the studio and I really like it there...for now.  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments :

  1. I am sure it's a very welcome addition to your front porch. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great. Painting spindles and legs is my least favorite thing to do - it takes a lot of time to get them just right. You have yours dialed in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this looks so cute out in front of your studio. Don't you just love ASCP Old White, it is such a great color.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. After painting your chair turns become a new one. That a nice work, but where is your table don’t you paint that?

    Crystal Wood Sidechair

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't really go wrong with a bit of white can you !

    ReplyDelete