Monday, July 1, 2013

Evolution of a bench....

Hi Everyone!  I hope your weekend was enjoyable!  I had a wonderful working weekend.  The weather was gorgeous here all weekend which made it so easy to work in the shop.  I was able to get a lot done, but nothing I'm ready to show to you yet.  But here is a look at a bench that has had several remakes.  And this final one is it's last...as it has been spoken for...but it's still in my studio.  It will be going to it's new home on the 11th.
 Here it is at the Apple Jack's Fair last September.  Plain back with the brown and coral fabric.
 When it didn't sell I added the saying to the back of the bench.  I meant to change the fabric before it went to the Clarinda Craft Carnival in October last year, but didn't get it done and forgot to do it before my Open House.
And here it is now.  The fabric was chosen by it's new owner.  It's one of my very favorite fabrics.  I've used it on several benches and most recently on  the footstool I made.
Here's a close up of the fabric.
So now what do you think?  Better, right.  I'm working on a piece to replace this in the studio and I can't wait to finish it.  Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments :

  1. yeah, love the fabric, and so happy it's found a new home!
    so wish I had a studio, and a shop! lol

    wishing the best for you Holly, I hope your mini open house goes well.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That looks great. That fabric is beautiful (and I've seen it up close and personal). I am sure the new owner will be very happy on the 11th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame you had to keep working on the same piece, but I'm glad it's found a new home !

    ReplyDelete