Monday, July 29, 2013

Headboard...

Hi Everyone!  I still don't have anything new to share with you yet...it's coming, I promise this week I will get back to sharing new projects.  So in the mean time, I thought I'd show you a headboard that I've been holding in my draft folder for well over a year.
I got this headboard over a year ago at a garage sale.  The legs on it are a little short....
...but I love the details on it...
I am definitely going to turn this into a bench....I'm thinking with storage....I have a couple of ideas, but I just can't decide....What would you do with it?  Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments :

  1. You know me, I'd upholster it ;) Those panels would look fabulous with button tufts. Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was reading I was thinking - what on earth are you going to do with that !
    I don't have your vision Holly, but I think a bench with storage would be great, but would you lose the little detail that runs down the middle ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I went back and put my vision goggles on !! How about a shelf unit, like the top of a dresser with maybe hooks or pegs along the bottom, then you would be able to see the detail in the middle.
    It would be huge though I know and I'm not the carpenter !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh, I see chalkboard! :)

    get busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful headboard. I do like the idea you have to make a bench with some storage. I am all for more storage every time! Whatever you do, I know it will be fabulous, as your project always are. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no vision when it comes to transforming furniture, that is why I love your blog. Did you recently change your header or have I just not noticed it? It is very cute.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful headboard, I would myself painted it up white with some pretty red linens to go with it. Looking forward to see what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete