Sunday, July 14, 2013

Recent find...

Hi Everyone!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  I've been busy in the shop this weekend but I took a break from building yesterday and stopped in at the local junk shop to see if he had anything "new" and look at what I found....an antique stool.
It's a little rough and needs a little tightening up.....
 ...the seat comes off to reveal a little compartment...
...it reminds me of  a piano bench for one...
...it definitely needs a makeover...and the price was fantastic...$2.00!  I can't wait to get started on it.  What have you found lately?  Now I need to get back out to the shop.  Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments :

  1. I have one just like it! I love it. It was my mother's and it goes to the sewing machine cabinet she had. I re-covered my stool with a vintage tablecloth remnant and it looks so nice and cheery now. She always kept her patterns inside the stool.
    Glad you found this! You will have fun making this one over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information Christy! I never would have thought of a sewing stool, but that makes perfect sense!

      Delete
  2. It does kind of remind me of a piano bench too. I can't wait to see what you do to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with a secret compartment, always a winner - I was thinking piano stool too. I'm sure we had one to keep sheet music in, though it was longer.

    ReplyDelete