Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Oh, Happy Day...

Hi Everyone!  I hope you are all having a great day!  First off, I just wanted to let you know that this weekend, three of my remaining puppies went to their forever homes.  Leaving me with one little girl.  She is the smartest of the group and I'm sure we'll find the right home for her soon!
 Now on to my latest project.  I made another Jar/hook wall sign.  This time I went darker.  It's a really nice gray color (it doesn't show up the greatest here).
 I had really wanted to make one with white lettering, but I didn't want to go black with the board, so I thought gray was a nice compromise.
 I painted it white first, then gray, then sanded it to reveal the white.  I hand painted the letters on.  Then added the hooks and the stainless steel clamp to hold the jar.  The board is a scrap piece of baseboard that was recycled from an 1880's home that had been torn down.  I got a lot of that baseboard and have loved giving it a new purpose.  Plus, the best thing of all, it was free!
I really like how it turned out.  The pictures really don't do the color justice.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments :

  1. What a cute, simple, but perfect saying to put on it! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this...its soo cheerful!

    http://ashtonscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete