Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lastest finds and a sneak...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Thursday!  I wanted to show you the finds that my personal picker, Aunt Barb got for me.  She called me last week wanting to know if I would be interested in some headboards that she found and of course I jumped on those.  Then she came across a few other goodies and she wouldn't even let me pay her for them.  What an Aunt!  My mom and nephew went to see her earlier this week and my mom brought my treasures to me!  I am so blessed!

My mom and the van loaded.  Don't let my dad see this!  He thinks I have enough stuff already.  So as soon as we unloaded the van, I took pictures of my loot and then put them all away.
An antique large ironing board.  What great patina!

A rectangular headboard.  It can be a bench, or signs, or....
 Spindle head and foot boards.  It's hard to tell, but it sort of reminds me of bamboo.
 Two antique medicine cabinets.  What to do with these???  Any ideas out there?  And another headboard.
Look at those extra large spindles.  They are from an antique table.  I can't wait to make something with those.  Two table leaves, I see large signs in their future or maybe a bench, or...
This is a small headboard.  It's pretty short, so I can't decide if I'm going to make a bench or something else from it, like a message center.  Any thoughts?  Well, a big thank you to my Aunt Barb for finding and giving me all these great things, for free!  and my mom and nephew for bringing them all back and helping me unload the van.  I so do appreciate it!  My aunt also had old  yardsticks that she had put out in the trash can at the curb when my mom mentioned I was wanting some and she went out and rescued them before the garbage men arrived, whew!  Thank goodness.  But she forgot to send them, so I'll get them next time!  
I'll get back to sharing new things, but I've been busy with my nephew.  Here's a sneak peek at what he had I have been working on.

I'm working on a tutorial on this one.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments :

  1. Fun stuff! Do you know what you're going to do with the ironing board? I have two that I ended up with at different places on the same day! Of course I couldn't resist ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stuff! I wish I had an aunt barb! :)
    can't wait to see that bench!
    gail

    ReplyDelete