Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Open dish shelves...

Hi Everyone!  I wanted to show you the open shelves I made for a client.  She was purchasing it for her mother who saw open shelves in a magazine and wanted something like it.  She had exact dimensions for me to follow because of where she wanted to put it but otherwise I was to design it however I wanted.  Oh, and it had to be stained to go with the rest of the kitchen.  I tried to talk her into painting it so it would stand out but she wanted it stained, so stained is what she got. 



I'm happy with how it turned out.  Better yet, so was my client!  It's hard to tell, but there is an edge to the front side of the shelves so things don't roll off of it.  And the edge at the back of the shelves is for hanging it on the wall.  Each shelf has a back support to it that has been routered out and the shelf slides into that space and then is screwed from the back side into the shelf to give it strength and to secure it to the wall.  Then when you put things on the shelf, the screws won't be seen.  Sometime I'll show you how I do that.  Well, thanks for stopping by.

3 comments :

  1. Great job! I knew she would love it! You do such good work! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I would love to know your trick to the hidden screw - please post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up with the Stumble Me Friday hop last week! I've been super slow to thumbs up the links but I just wanted to let you know that I have liked your post and hope you will link up again with the hop :)

    PS those shelves turned out great! I agree, your client should have painted it to make a statement piece! It definitely looks nice stained but I bet a nice color would have looked way awesome!

    ReplyDelete