Saturday, June 25, 2011

Personal picker and a sneak peek...

Hi Everyone!  I hope your weekend is off to a great start.  I am working this morning and then I think I'll be spending time with my nephew this afternoon.  I don't have any finished projects to share right now, but I wanted to tell you about a phone call I got yesterday while I was at work.  My dear, dear aunt Barb called because she was out checking out a flea market in her area and came across some great finds for me and wanted to know if they would work before she bought them. 

When I said I had my own personally picker in a post last week, I really meant it!  I can't wait to see the items she picked up for me.  And I can't wait to show them to you.  My mom and nephew are going to go see her next week and will be bringing my items back to me and I can hardly wait!  I actually got giddy on the phone at one point.  So more to come on my latest finds.
Here's a look at the bench my nephew and I have been working on.  I've made lots of headboard benches, but I've never made one with storage in the seat.  I've had a lot of requests for it, but have never done it, so that is what's going on with this one.  Here's just a sneak peek at it.  I'll do a post on it once we (my nephew and I) have it put together.  Well, thanks for stopping by.

1 comment :

  1. :)
    you lucky girl!
    I too have been wanting to make a bench with storage. I have a headboard for jan just waiting to be made. (she wants storage) I chose to make the shutter cupboard first, b/c it would be easier. LOL
    Hopefully after you show me how to do it, it will be easier! hahaha
    can't wait!
    gail

    ReplyDelete