Wednesday, June 8, 2011

On the farm...

Hi Everyone.  Sorry I haven't been around lately.  There has been much activity on the farm lately.  Putting up hay, tilling the garden, and I've managed to work on a few projects.  Last night after work I had to help my dad work on the rake, he sheared a bolt off out in the pasture and we had to do an in between fix just to get it back to the shop so it could be permanently repaired.


We have two more pastures to cut, rake and bale on this go round but we are to have rain tonight and tomorrow.  Normally we cut it all, then rake it all and then bale it all.  Dad decided this year to do it in sections which is turning out to be the smart way to go.  I guess he studied the weather forecast!  I promise that tomorrow I will have an update for you on my kitchen island.  It won't be done, but it's getting closer to being functional.  Have a great evening!  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments :

  1. whew! that's a lot of work! I can't wait to see the island...
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! I am feeling hot and tired in sympathy for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete