Thursday, March 17, 2011

Birdhouses...

I have a thing for birdhouses. I love to make them. And so far they are big sellers in the shop. I wish I had taken a picture of every birdhouse I've made, but I haven't. So I'll just share a few of them with you.


This was a special order wren house that my client wanted painted black.
These are birdhouse stakes that go in the ground as decoration.
This is a birdhouse that I made and my mother decorated. It's hard to tell, but it has a plaid roof and sits on a recycled spindle that was given to me when a friend took their porch down. I love recycled items, especially when they are free!
I made this birdhouse for mom's deck. In fact I have given her two birdhouses that look just like this. One for the front of her home and one for the deck. She has a thing for birdhouses too.
Here's a grouping of birdhouses from my very first craft fair. I sold all of them except for the large middle one....
because I made it for my mom.
It sits on the floor in her bathroom, most of the time.
I made this super tall birdhouse last fall and sold it at a craft fair. This was the only picture I could find of it. It has a black crow at the top and a wooden welcome sign.

I like birdhouses so much that I finally made a few for myself. This one resembles my home. I sits in the side yard at the edge of my patio. It's almost my favorite one.
But this one is my favorite. It is four sided and sits atop a post in my north yard. I took it down for the winter because there is so much wind on the north side I was afraid it made get blown down, so that's why it's sitting on the planter box. I need to put it back up now that the weather is getting nice. Do you like birdhouses, like I do? Well, thanks for stopping by.

No comments :

Post a Comment