Monday, March 28, 2011

Retail space...

Happy Monday Everyone!  I hope your weekend was enjoyable.  I was able to get rested up and enjoyed the new puppies.  And I was able to give Bo (the Sire of the puppies) some much needed attention.  Since I don't have anything finished to share with you, I thought I would share my unconventional retail space with you.
I have items on display at Top Notch in Shenandoah, Iowa.  The proprietor has graciously given me space both on the floor and on her walls to display some of the things I've made.  It's a tad unconventional since it's a beauty shop, but the idea came to me when I was getting a hair cut, that this would be a great place for my items to be on display and give their clients something to look at while they get their hair done.  And when I heard that Judy was redecorating the shop, I made her a sign (as a bribe) and went to her with the idea.  And she jumped right on board.  Judy is such a great lady and I think she might even be my biggest fan (after my Mom that this).  So despite being unconventional, it's been a great place to display items. 
 Here's one of the display areas.  Over the years there have been several different display tables since everything is for sale.  So each time the display table sales, I make something different for the space.
 Here is another space.  The bench as sold and is just waiting to be picked up at the end of the month, so I'll need to bring something else in to fill this space.
 The shelf is also for sale.  I have had several different shelves in this space and have come in and taken one down because it sold and then put a different style shelf up.  This one has been here the longest, maybe it's time to change it out with a different style.
 I have even made shelves for the different stations.  Here's one example.  I think this is my favorite style bracket.
 Here is a different style bracket.  This shelf has cork board on the back of the lower portion so that pictures and fliers could be tacked up.  So when I mention the shop in posts, now you have an idea of what I'm talking about.  Well, now I really must get to work and finish some of the things I'm working on so I can share them with you.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments :

Post a Comment