Sunday, March 13, 2011

Window seat...

Hello Everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Since I'm busy working out in the shop, I thought I'd share with you the very first thing I every built after moving into my grandparents farmhouse. It's a window seat. There is a large picture window in the living room that my dog would stand at trying to look out, but he just wasn't tall enough without straining is neck, so I built this for him.
It opens up and I store blankets, an air mattress and extra pillows in it. You can never have too much storage, especially in this house. It was built back in the 1880's and has hardly any closets. So the storage comes in handy.
And my dogs love it. Not a day goes by that it isn't used (unless of course we aren't home). And it comes in handy for seating when the house is full of guests. Well, I've got to get back out to the shop. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment :

  1. I like it! I'm sure my cat would appreciate it if I would make one for her : )

    ReplyDelete