Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Storage or display caddy...

Happy Wednesday Everyone!  I thought I'd show you one of the things I made from this pile of wood.
This pile of wood is rough sawn walnut that was given to me by a former co-worker.  He knew that I made things and had this walnut stored in his barn for years and knew he wasn't ever going to get around to using it, so he gave it to me free of charge!  I just love getting free stuff!

 This is one of the things I have made with it.  It's a storage caddy or could be a display caddy.  Four quart size jars just happen to fit perfectly in it.  They could be filled with flowers, silverware, or just about anything.
 I put my paint brushes in it.  Or you could take the jars out and use it to store tools.  In this picture  you can see that the rough sawn edge is still there.  I sanded it so it was smooth but decided not to run it through the planer because I really liked the way this looked.
I painted it barn red and distressed it a little bit.  Then applied a coat of clear acrylic spray to bring the flat barn red color to life.  What would you put in it?  Well, thanks for stopping by. 

2 comments :

  1. How awesome! The shape of your box is very cool. I hope you're proud with the outcome because I'm sure proud of you! :)

    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice caddy. I like how you kept the rough sawn part of the wood, I like to do that too.

    ReplyDelete