Saturday, March 5, 2011

Spring wreath...

My thoughts have turned once again to spring. The sun is shining but it's cold here today. Here are a couple of the spring wreaths I made for the shop. This one has green, lavender and cream pip berries.
This one has pip berries that are blue, yellow, and a pink-peach color.
I made the flowers out of tart pans. I painted them then glued a wooden circle that I painted to the center.
This is a wooden bird that I drew and cut out of some scrap 1/4" wood that I had. The wings and feathers are pieces of scrap wood cut to the right shape and attached with glue. It's hard to tell in the picture but they are dimensional. Then I painted it and sanded it. Before I attached the wings, I drilled two small holes and ran a piece of wire so I could attach it to the wreath then glued the wings so the holes would be disguised.
This one sold the day after I put it in the shop. The green one is still available. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments :

Post a Comment