Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thinking of Spring...

The temperature is 43 degrees with a feel like temperature of 51 degrees so I'm thinking of Spring. Especially after the snow that we had last week. So I thought I'd share with you the yard stake flower I painted. This is the fifth one of these I've made and I never get sick of them. (The detail looks much better in person).

Here it is in it's display stand to go to the shop along with a couple of birdhouse stakes.
I really loved how this butterfly turned out. It is to go on the side of a garage. A client asked me to make one to replace the one she had which was made out of 1/4" plywood (which of course doesn't last long out in the elements). I made this out of 3/4" cedar and used outdoor paint and then sealed it with outdoor poly. The paint will probably need to be redone at some point but the wood should last. I didn't take a picture of the one this is replacing but it had lost most of it's paint and the layers of plywood had come apart or were missing. So I hope this lasts a while for her. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments :

Post a Comment