Monday, March 14, 2011

Signs...

Happy Monday Everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start. I thought I'd share a couple of signs I've made for clients. The first is a sign that is 36" long to go under a picture of my clients great-grandchildren! It turned out nice. I still think the heart should have been red, but that's not what she ordered.

This sign was requested by one of the guys I work with. He had been asking me for months to make him a sign on barn board that would go over an entryway so it had to be long. I thought he was kidding or just giving me a hard time, so I never made it for him. Then his wife said he really did want that sign so I made it for her to give to him.
I really liked how it turned out. I found a great barn board in my stash, lightly sanded it so as not to remove all the patina but yet made it just smooth enough to be able to paint on. Then painted the letters on in an unconventional manner, and lightly sanded the letters so they looked like they had been there for a while. Then sealed it, front and back.
My co-worker was surprised to receive it since he thought I was never going to make it for him. Well, I must get back out to the shop since today is my day off and I have plenty to work on. And I can't wait to show you. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments :

Post a Comment