Sunday, March 20, 2011

Little black table...

Hi Everyone!  Happy Sunday!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  I've been out in the shop this weekend so I thought I'd share my little black table with you.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.

The legs are recycled from a large dining table.  One of the legs on that table had broken up at the top, so that meant they had to be cut down, which was fine with me.  I  wanted to make a table that was more end-table height.
I really like the detail on the legs.  My kitchen table has almost the same details only they are thinner.
 I wasn't sure about painting it black, but all the wood used on this was different.  And it would have been very expensive to make them match, so painting was the only option.
I haven't decided if it needs distressed or not.  What's the worse that can happen?  If I don't like it, then I'll just have to repaint the edges.
 What do you have planned for your Sunday?  I'm going back out to the shop and work on a few more projects and maybe I'll go ahead and sand this.  Well, thanks for stopping by.

No comments :

Post a Comment